Wilson Park Rec Center
james wilson solstice clean up - JUNE 19TH - 8:00 - 10:00 am
Join us as we beautify our park in this act of service to the community. trash grabbers, gloves, and buckets will be provided but please bring a water bottle!
FAMILY FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA - at miller park pond, june 20th, 2021 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
join us this father's day for our family fishing extravaganza! we will be stocking miller park pond with fish and providing snacks and refreshment for a fun day of fishing with the family! bait and poles will also be available first come first serve but please feel free to bring your own!
GAME ON EXPO! - JULY 17TH - 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
do you like comics, video games, anime, and other alternative forms of recreation? join us for our second annual game on expo! we'll have live action role play (larp) demonstrations, dungeons and dragons character building classes, video game tournaments, and a costume contest! costumes must be family friendly and appropriate with a special grand prize for best costume ovrall!
BACK TO SCHOOL CELEBRATION - AUGUST 7TH
bring the kiddos out for a day of fun and information at the wilson park recreation center! the temple parks and recreation department will be highlighting it's fall offerings. get information on the latest classes and more! there will be games and light refreshments while supplies last. after visiting each table and getting a stamp, you will be eligible to receive one backpack of school supplies per child that is present with you. backpacks are available while supplies last!
ID MUST BE SHOWN TO THE FRONT DESK STAFF TO PURCHASE A DAY PASS OR PARTICIPATE IN OPEN GYM
Please visit www.picktime.com/wilsonparkrec to reserve your time slot in our weight & cardio rooms or gymnasium. Spaces are limited, and registration is required. For more information or assistance in securing your reservation, please call 254.298.5740.
UPCOMING EVENT INFORMATIOn
Pre-registration for programs required. Register here
Summer specialty camp offerings
OCEANOGRAPHY CAMP - JUNE 21 - 25
CAMP CONNECTIONS - JUNE 28 - JULY 2
CULINARY CREATIONS - jUNE 28 - JULY 2
CAMP SUNSHINE - July 6 - july 9
artistic expressions - july 6 - july 9
positively pink club - july 12 - july 16
blue brigade club - july 12 - july 16
steam camp - july 19 - july 23
Pay OnlineTo pay online for Zone or other programs, please Log In.
Join UsWilson Park Recreation Center specializes in wellness programming for children and adults and is dedicated to providing quality indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and services for the entire family.
The Wilson Park Recreation Center schedule is subject to change based on availability, special events, and weather conditions. Classes and events may be cancelled due to low participation, inclement weather, or unforeseen circumstances so please call 254-298-5740 for more information.
- Full size basketball court
- Teen Room with big screen TV’s and gaming system
- Arts and crafts room
- Game room (with air hockey, ping pong, pool, shuffle board, basketball , and foosball)
- Prep Kitchen
- Multi-purpose room with large screen projector
- Lobby with large comfortable seating areas
- Strength Room
- Stationary bikes
- Elliptical trainers
- Stair climbers
- Row Machine
- Men’s and women’s bathrooms with showers
- Board room with large screen TV
- Covered Basketball Court
- Tennis courts
- Sand volleyball court
- Miles of walking trails through Wilson Park
Annual Wilson Park Recreation Center Memberships entitle you to use of the:
- Weight Room
- Cardio Room
|Child (6 and under with an adult)||FREE|
|Youth (Under 18)(must have membership form signed by a parent)||FREE|
Rental RatesFor information on rates and availability, please call 254.298.5740, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 7:00pm
- 3 hour minimum on all rentals
- $100 refundable deposit
Rental Rules & Regulations
- All fees are payable in full at the time the reservation is made. Fees may be paid in cash/MasterCard/Visa or a check payable to the City of Temple.
- Reservations can be made up to 3 months ahead of rental date or as soon as two weeks before desired time. Cancellations must be made within thirteen days of the rental date for a full refund less 10%.
- Cancellations 6 days to 12 days will receive half the rental rate less 10%. Cancellations 5 business days or less will not be refunded.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be consumed unless prior authorization is granted from the center supervisor prior to the rental. City of Temple Police officers will be required and will be scheduled by the center supervisor. All rentals that require an officer must pay the officer's rate, in cash, before the event can start.
- It is the renters responsibility to control players, spectators, and all children attending the rental.
- No loitering.
- Any school-aged individual who has skipped classes, has been suspended or has been expelled for any amount of time is not allowed in the facility during that suspension/expulsion.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on the premises.
- All music must be listened to through your own headphones. No portable or bluetooth speakers will be allowed
- No fighting or play fighting.
- No acts of affection.
- No glass containers.
- No smoking.
- No alcoholic beverages or mind altering substances of any kind.
- Food and drinks must be kept in the designated area and trash must be thrown in the proper container.
- No bicycles or skateboards in the building at any time.
- Shorts/pants/sweat suits/shirts must be worn properly. There shall be no exposure of undergarments or midriffs.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No hanging on basketball goals, supports or dunking of the ball.
- Parents must supervise all children under six(6).
- No running in the stands, hanging over the rails, sliding on the banisters, etc.
- No caps, bandannas, or gang related paraphernalia.
- Anyone removed from the gym during free play will be suspended from the Center.
- Half court play will be in use during free play. Full court play during free play hours will be set at the discretion of the gym supervisor.
- Infectious Disease Rule: Participants cannot continue to play when there is blood present on either the clothing or on the body.
- Recreation Center Ejection's: Disciplinary actions will be taken for rule violations. The length of the suspensions will depend on the severity of the violation. The ruling of the Center Supervisor will be final.