Virtual Rec Center
Welcome to Temple’s Virtual Recreation Center! With facility closures due to COVID-19, the Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing ways for you and your family to stay active and entertained during this time. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more fun activities and the latest updates on COVID-19. Tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #templevirtualrec to share how you are staying active at home!
For more information on facility closures, please visit our website, templetx.gov/coronavirus.
Note: City of Temple Parks & Recreation does not endorse nor receive funds for advertising any of the third-party websites listed on this page.
Stay fit by utilizing online workout instruction!
- Fitness Blender – Offers free online workout instruction.
- Do Yoga With Me – Offers free online yoga instruction.
- Nike Training Club App – This iOS and Android app features a variety of free workouts.
- Family Cardio Workout – This video features a free, family-friendly cardio workout led by online instruction.
Fitness For Kids:
Explore the many parks of Temple, TX (keep social distancing in mind)!
Fill down time with writing, coloring and drawing. Get creative!
- Start A Journal – Writing can be a productive pastime.
- Color A Picture – Coloring is not just for kids! Printable coloring pages for adults are available online.
- Learn To Doodle – Doodling can be a fun way to express your thoughts!
Learn about art, animals and history from the comfort of your home!
- Take A Virtual Field Trip – Virtually visit a variety of zoos, aquariums and more.
- Attend A Virtual Museum Tour – Virtually visit a variety of museums.
- Watch An Educational TV Show – Educational TV is the perfect way to keep yourself and your family entertained.
- Do A Science Experiment – Bring the classroom to your kitchen by doing experiments at home.
- Do A STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Activity – Put on your thinking cap to complete these STEM activities.
- Print A Worksheet – This website offers free printable worksheets for kids.
Relax by reading or listening to a good book!
- Central Texas Digital Consortium Digital & Audiobooks – This is an online library resource.*
- TexShare Databases – This is an online library resource.*
- 2020 Lariat Adult Fiction Reading List -Highlights outstanding fiction reads.
Reading For Kids:
- Storyline Online – This website streams videos of actors reading children’s books coupled with illustrations.
- Audible – This website offers audiobooks for children.
- Story Time from Space – This website offers videos of astronauts reading children’s books.
- Junior Library Guild – This is an online library resource for children.
- Brightly Storytime – This channel offers books for children, read aloud by a storyteller.
*Must have a library card to access this resource