MissionThe Mission of the Temple Parks Foundation is to increase awareness, quality, and usability of parks and green space by expanding the resources made available to our city parks to enhance community health and cohesiveness. Working to make Temple the most livable, beautifully connected community in Texas.
HistoryThe Temple Parks Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3) in 2001 as a non-governmental, non profit organization to provide support to parks and recreation facilities and programs.The Foundation is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors. Meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday at 7 a.m.
- Encourage new park development and improvements to existing parks.
- Encourage community involvement in the parks by collaborating with organizations and individuals.
- Encourage stewardship of the park system through volunteerism in maintenance and upkeep.
- Encourage development of natural areas.
- Conduct fundraising events to support foundation projects and programs.
Join UsWe invite you to join on of our many active committees which include: Memorial Gifts, Art in the Park, Movies in the Park, and Fundraising & Special Events/Projects. Check in and "Like" our Temple Parks Foundation Facebook page to stay up to date on what the Parks Foundation is involved in.Please email us if you are interested in actively supporting Temple's parks.
You can also support the parks by making a tax deductible donation to Temple Parks Foundation today.
Board of Directors
- Allan Einboden, President
- Scott V. Allen, Vice President
- Gail Avots
- Kirbi Barbosa
- Russell Belson
- Mark Clardy
- Heidi Couchman
- Candice Gourley
- Mary Kylberg
- Rebekah Little
- Michael McQuiston
- David Perez-Guerra
- Barbara Reis
- Doug Smith