Reserve your trailer HERE!
Celebrate spooky season with Haunted Hayride on Saturday, October 24. Climb aboard and enjoy a narrated tour with scary scenes and creepy characters at Rueben D. Talasek Bend of the River Grounds. Family Friendly Rides will be available from 3:00 - 5:00pm, and Haunted Hayrides will begin at 6:00pm. All ages are welcome. Tickets go on sale on October 1 and must be purchased in advance at templeparks.com. Tickets will not be offered at the gate.
We want you to be safe while being scared! Please read through the information and FAQs before purchasing your ticket. We’re looking forward to a scary safe Halloween with you!
COVID-19 safety guidelines will be in place to keep you and your family safe.
Volunteer For October Special Events!
Apply by filling out the online Volunteer Interest form. CLICK HERE!
Reserve your trailer HERE!
Tickets must be purchased online in advance. THERE WILL BE NO AT-THE-GATE SALES. Rides will be sold by the trailer and can only seat up to 10 people.
- No more than 10 people will be allowed on a trailer at a time, and no one from outside your group will be allowed to ride with you.
- The price of the trailer stays the same regardless of if your group has 10 people or not. There will be no discounts given for groups smaller than 10 people.
- CAPACITY WILL BE LIMITED.
There will be no refunds.
Ticketing opens October 1 and will be available for purchase throughout the event ONLINE ONLY.
Date & Time
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Family Friendly Rides: 3:00 – 5:00pm
Haunted Hayride Rides: 6:00 – 9:45pm
Reuben D. Talasek Bend of the River: 7915 S. General Bruce Dr., Temple, TX 76502
3:00 – 5:00pm: $40.00
6:00 – 9:45pm: $60.00
Tickets available at templeparks.com starting Oct. 1.
About the Event
- Haunted Hayride features a 10 - 15-minute trek, riding on a tractor-pulled trailer through Bend of the River, full of long-lost memories, stories and curses. See what's waiting around every twist and turn.
- All guests and staff will be required to adhere to local guidelines regarding the use of facial coverings.
- We know it’s dark out, but please read all signage and watch your feet. There will be plenty of informational and directional signage.
- Ground markings (with the help of event staff) will direct you where to or not to stand.
- Please stay with your group only.
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet away from all other guests, staff and monsters. If you think we can’t scare you from 6 feet away, just try us.
- There will be picnic tables for you and your group to sit at while you wait for your ride. Please stay seated until you are called to get on the ride.
- Attendance will be limited. There will be NO AT-THE-GATE SALES. Get your tickets early at templeparks.com
- Private groups only. You will not be combined with anyone outside of the group you arrive with, so please only attend with your cohorts.
- Rides are sold by the trailer. There are only 10 people per trailer. The price is set and will not be lowered for rides with less than 10 people.
- We recommend you show up 15 minutes before your scheduled time to park, check-in and make your way over to the holding area before you board the ride.
- Please do not plan to show up more than 15 minutes before your scheduled time as there are minimal waiting areas and social distancing guidelines will be in place and adhered to.
- In the case of inclement weather, event will be cancelled and not rescheduled.
How scary is the Hayride?
The Hayride can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is a low-medium intensity haunt but still has its fair share of scares and surprises.
There is a family-friendly version of the ride that takes place from 3:00 to 5:00pm. Please note that there are no actors in the scenes during this time.
How long is the Hayride?
The Hayride is a one-mile trail that takes about 10 - 15 minutes to ride through.
Where can I get tickets? And what do they cost?
Tickets for a Trailer Ride that can accommodate 10 guests can be purchased by visiting templeparks.com.
3:00 – 5:00pm (Family-Friendly): $40.00
6:00 – 9:00pm (Haunted): $ 60.00
NO AT-THE-GATE SALES. ALL TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE ONLINE.
Where can I park?
Staff will be on-site to direct you where to park once you enter.
What if I'm running late?
Your entire group must be present before you will be directed to your loading area. Once your group departs the entry gate, no one else will be allowed to join you.
What if my full group doesn't arrive at the same time?
We ask that you wait for your entire group in the designated waiting areas at the entry gate.
Can I go again?
Unless you purchased a ticket for another time slot, your ticket is only good for one ride.
Will there be vendors on-site?
No, in order to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19, there will be no vendors on-site this year.
What can/can't we bring with us?
- Diaper Bags
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
- Non-collapsible and collapsible chairs
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (exceptions will be made for medical use)
- Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
Exit & Re-Entry
Exits will be clearly marked. If you need assistance, please alert one of the staff members working in the parking lot, and they will be happy to help you.
Re-entry will not be permitted.
Social Distancing Safety Rules
City of Temple has taken enhanced health and safety measures for event attendees and the event staff. While attending the event, you are expected to follow all posted instructions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possibly death. According to the CDC, older adults (65 years of age and older) and persons with underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
By attending this event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Trailers are limited to 10 people and the bails will be spaced out accordingly. No more than 10 will be allowed on the trailer at a time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All tickets must be purchased online before arriving. There will be no at-the-gate sales. You will not be allowed entry if you do not have a ticket.
- There will be picnic tables places near the loading zone for you to sit and wait for your ride. The tables will be labeled, and staff will direct you where to sit and when to get up to board the ride.
- The health and safety of residents is the top priority. Safety guidelines will be in place.
- Family or household groups can and should stay together, and do not need to maintain a 6 feet distance within the family or household group.
- Parents should keep their children close and prevent them from entering the space of other individuals/groups.
- Signage at the event site will remind guests of the need for physical distancing and encourage a 6 feet standard distance.
- There is a fenced-off path from the parking lot to the loading area, and another separate path from the loading area back to the parking lot, to ensure proper social distancing.
- Masks are required to enter the event.
Remember that not everyone is at the same comfort level. Focus on making sure you, AND EVERYONE AROUND YOU, is safe and comfortable.
Masks or Face Coverings
Consistent with the actions taken by many individuals across the state, we are requiring all guests to wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) at the outdoor event when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s group. Medical masks, paper masks, fabric masks and bandanas are all acceptable face coverings.
- Medical masks, paper masks, fabric masks and bandannas are all acceptable face coverings.
Restrooms, Sanitizing and Cleanliness
- Portable restrooms will be placed at least 6 feet apart
- A special “clean team” will be disinfecting portable restrooms during the event
- Additional hand sanitizer units will be provided at the portable restroom locations
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water or similar disinfectant will be readily available to guests and staff
- Staff will be wearing masks and have their temperatures taken that day
Additional COVID-19 Information
We care deeply about the safety of our attendees, participants and staff members; therefore, before and while attending this event, please be mindful of the following:
- Be Symptom Aware - if you or someone in your household feels ill or has a fever or cough, please do not attend this event.
- Maintain Distance - as you enjoy this event, please maintain 6 feet from others.
- Practice Good Hygiene - wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
When necessary, use the hand sanitizer stations that have been provided.
How can I volunteer?
Apply by filling out the online Volunteer Interest form. Click here!