Downtown @ Sundown Movie Night
Featuring THE GOONIES
Hey you guys! Grab your blankets and chairs and join us for an EXTRA special showing of
The Goonies! “Social Squares” will be drawn on the ground for you and your
family to enjoy the movie at a safe and social distance from others.
Gates are set to open at 6:30pm with a showtime of 7:30pm – registration is required to attend.
Registration is completely FREE. 1 ticket admits 1 person, a limit of 6 people will be allowed per
”Registration will begin on September 14 at 8:00 am.
COVID-19 safety guidelines will be in place to keep you and your family safe.
*Subject to Change
Click HERE to register!
Date & Time
Saturday, October 17, 2020
6:30pm - Gates open
7:30pm (or when it gets dark) - Movie starts
MLK Festival Grounds: 301 S. 4th Street in downtown Temple
Registration is FREE, everyone wishing to attend the event must register online to gain access to the event. Out of an abundance of caution and to slow the spread of the coronavirus, there will be NO IN-PERSON REGISTRATION.
Register on templeparks.com by Friday, October 9 @ 5:00pm
Are the “Social Squares” assigned or first come first serve?
All seating is first come first serve.
What is the movie?
The Goonies (PG)
Where can I park?
There are several free parking lots located in the downtown Temple area near the MLK Festival Grounds. Parking is first come, first serve.
Will there be vendors on site?
No. However, we encourage you to bring a picnic dinner.
What Can/Can’t we bring with us?
- Baby Strollers
- Diaper Bags
- Portable/collapsible chair
- Picnic Baskets
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (Exceptions will be made for medical use)
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
Exit & Re-Entry:
- All ticket holders will receive a wristband which allows them to enter & exit the event as needed. Do not remove your wristband if you plan to come back to the event
- Please limit exit and re-entry.
Where is the entrance?
- The entrance is located near 301 S. 4th Street (S. 4th Street and Avenue C)
Where is the exit?
- You will exit from the same place you entered.
Social Distancing Safety Rules
City of Temple has taken enhanced health and safety measures for event attendees and the event Staff. While attending the event you are expected to follow all posted instructions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possibly death. According to the CDC, older adults (65 years of age and older) and persons with underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
By attending this Event you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
"Social Squares" have been drawn out on the grounds for your safety and others. Please stay in your designated square with your group or family.
- A limit of 6 people are allowed in one “Social Square”
- A maximum crowd capacity of 500 individuals will be allowed within the grounds.
The health and safety of residents is the top priority. Safety guidelines will be in place; pre-registration is required.
Within the viewing area dedicated entrance and exit points will be defined. Upon entering, guests are asked to follow directional signage when moving through the space to ensure one-way foot traffic.
- Family or household groups can and should stay together, and do not need to maintain a 6ft distance within the family or household group.
- Parents should keep their children close and prevent them from entering the space of other individuals/groups.
- Signage at the event site will remind guests of the need for physical distancing and encourage a 6ft standard distance.
- Help everyone in the viewing area maintain safe physical distancing by staying in your space once you are settled.
- Please try to limit exit and re-entry of the viewing area.
- As you stay in your area, please limit your movements
- Masks are required to enter the event
- Please put your mask on if you exit your “Social Square”
- If you bring a picnic, do not share any food or drink with anyone outside your household group.
Remember that not everyone is at the same comfort level. Focus on making sure you, AND EVERYONE AROUND YOU, is safe and comfortable.
Masks or Face Coverings
Consistent with the actions taken by many individuals across the state, we are requiring all guests to wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) at the outdoor event when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s group.
- Medical masks, paper masks, fabric masks, and bandannas are all acceptable face coverings.
Restrooms, Sanitizing, and Cleanliness
- Portable restrooms will be placed at least 6ft apart
- Special “clean team” will be disinfecting portable restrooms during the event
- Additional hand sanitizer units provided at the portable restroom locations
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water, or similar disinfectant readily available to Guest and staff
- Staff will be wearing masks and have their temperatures taken that day
Additional COVID-19 Information
We care deeply about the safety of our attendees, participants and staff members, therefore before and while attending this event please be mindful of the following:
- Be Symptom Aware - if you or someone in your household feels ill, has a fever or cough, please do not attend this event.
- Maintain Distance - as you enjoy this event please maintain 6ft from others.
- Practice Good Hygiene - wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
When necessary, use the hand sanitizer stations that have been provided.