Join the Bloomin' Temple Festival Team!
Background Check Paperwork - email completed paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
The forms (linked below) must be completed and submitted to email@example.com along with your application in order to be considered.
Do you want to be part of an incredible event, get cool swag, and help create an amazing experience for your community? Become a Bloomin’ volunteer!
With the festival quickly approaching we are recruiting and searching for the best volunteers Bell County has to offer. Find out today how to become the most important part of the Bloomin’ Temple Festival Tradition and have an experience that is sure to be unforgettable!
Below is some general volunteer information for you to review before submitting the online application. If you are selected as a volunteer, more comprehensive materials and training will be provided the MANDATORY, VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION on Monday, April 17!
NOTE: Your submitted application does not guarantee that you will be selected
Please read through all of the information posted here and the Volunteer Info before submitting your application
- Friday, April 28: 5pm - 8pm
- Saturday, April 29: 11am - 5pm
Friday, April 28: 6pm - 11pm
Saturday, April 29: 11am - 11pm
- Dead to apply: Saturday, April 1
- Date of notification: Wednesday, April 12 by 5pm
- MANDATORY VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Monday, April 17 - MLK Festival Grounds (301 S 4th St) @ 6pm
After reading through the information below, decide you want to help!
Apply by filling out the online Volunteer Application. -> CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Be at least 16 years of age or older
- Submit a current online application form by Saturday, April 1
- Agree to a Criminal History Background Check. Please print all requested information to have the City of Temple perform a background check.
- Volunteer at least (4) hours
- Application Deadline: Saturday, April 1
- Volunteer Notification: Wednesday, April 12
- Volunteer Response: You must respond within 3 days of being notified. Failure to respond could result in loss of volunteer spot.
- Mandatory Pre-Festival Training: Monday, April 17 @ 6pm
- Location: MLK Festival Grounds (301 S 4th St)
- Volunteers will have a chance to meet and get to know each other in a relaxed setting while enjoying a light supper. Everyone is required to attend this orientation, or you will not be allowed to volunteer during the festival. This is an important night as you will meet your festival staff, understand your role, pick up your volunteer packet, and review the festival grounds.
How do I apply to become a volunteer for the Bloomin’ Temple Festival?
- You may register online by going to bloomintemple.com. If you are unable to complete the application on-line, please contact 254-298-5418 for assistance.
- People who are self-motivated and reliable.
- People interested in having fun and being a team player.
- People who are 16 years of age or older, However, volunteers between the ages of 16-17 must submit a Volunteer Waiver form signed by their Parent/Guardian. Certain positions may require you to be 18+ if working with alcoholic beverages.
- Agree to a Criminal History Background Check
Application Deadline: Saturday, April 1Aside from age, what are the basic requirements to be a festival Volunteer?
- Most volunteer positions can be physically demanding to some degree whether it be standing, sitting, walking, lifting or using tools for extended periods of time. Please be prepared for all types of weather. Wear comfortable footwear. Bring sunscreen, hats, jackets, rain gear and bug spray.
- Volunteer positions can be found on the application under assignment preference. Click on the position you would like to learn more about. Volunteer positions are guest interfacing. In other words, they are “front of house” roles. Volunteers will not be granted VIP or backstage privileges. Regardless of when and where you work, your role is critical in the success of the festival!
- Besides the camaraderie of taking part in this community festival, you will receive a volunteer t-shirt to wear during your shift, free admission and a festival swag bag. Volunteers will work a 4 hour shifts minimum.
- All volunteer shifts are scheduled for 4 hours. You may volunteer for more than one shift in different areas on one or both days. If it weren’t for those who do sign up for more than one shift, we probably wouldn’t fill all the necessary positions. After completing the application form and selecting your availability, you will receive a follow up email with further instruction. NOTE: Your submitted application does not guarantee that you will be selected.
- Yes - you may request to work with members of your family (volunteers must be 16 years of age or older) or other friends, but it is not guaranteed. Please ensure that you both sign up for the same work area and shift. Those who are not volunteering must pay an admission fee at the gates. For the safety of the younger children that may accompany you, please arrange for someone to be with them while you are volunteering. Only the trained volunteer may be at the area of volunteering during their shift.
- Pre-festival MANDATORY training is scheduled for
- Monday, April 17, 2023 starting at 6pm at the MLK Festival Grounds (301 S 4th St).
- We are happy to have all volunteers join us! Please read the volunteer job descriptions thoroughly before selecting a position.
- Bloomin’ Temple Festival takes place rain or shine. Please come prepared for all types of weather. Bring sunscreen, hats, comfortable footwear, jackets, bug spray and rain gear!
NOTE: Bloomin’ Temple will only close its gates if the weather interferes with public safety. Rain or shine, we need you to show up for your shift!
- Each Bloomin Team Volunteer will receive:
- A Bloomin Temple Volunteer Tee to wear while on shift.
- A Bloomin Temple Swag Bag with lots of Bloomin' goodies.
- Free 2-day admission to the Festival.
- And last but not least an AWESOME EXPERIENCE!
- Direct attendees with handicap sticker or place card where to park
- Smiles and provides pleasant customer service.
- Will require standing for extended periods of time.
- Provide customer service to all attendees.
- Welcomes all festival attendees
- Assist patrons with wristbands upon entry
- Ensures wrist bands are placed on securely; but not too tight or too loose
- Provides directions and assistance to festival attendees
- Makes sure festival guests do not bring in the list of prohibited items
- Keeps assigned area and nearby festival grounds clean and free of trash
- No outside food or beverages are allowed thru the gate.
- No animals are allowed inside the festival grounds except for service animals etc.…
- Will require standing for extended period of time
- Provide customer service to all attendees
- A runner can fill in the gaps, run errands, or even take over a role for someone who didn't show up. Perfect for the all-around go getter!
- This position will assist in a variety of areas where extra help is needed; including but not limited to ID Checker, Gate Attendant, Cooler Attendant, Etc.
- Answers festival guests’ questions
- Provides directions and assistance to festival attendees as needed
- Smiles and provides pleasant customer service
- Will require standing for extended periods of time
Position is filled by event organizers
- Access into this Gate is for those with All Access passes
- Sample Badges will be posted at gate
- Media Personal will have pass and will need to be escorted by PARD staff
- Artist Passes will be provided, and guests are directed to the Main Gate for their comp tickets
- Public is not allowed backstage
- Provide customer service to various artist, staff and sponsors.
- Standing and walking.
Position is filled by event organizers
- Help get our vendors checked-in and placed into their pre-determined space.
- Checking wristbands and vendor parking passes.
- Help get volunteers signed in for their shifts and ready for a great experience.
- Show volunteers to their stations so they're prepared for their shifts.
- Answering questions from other volunteers.
- Communicates with volunteer management team and other coordinators as required.
- Open and close gate for emergency vehicles.
General Bloomin’ Volunteer
If you choose to apply as a “General Bloomin’ Volunteer” you will be placed in one of the positions listed above.