Admission & Swim Lessons
- Refillable punch cards can be purchased at the pool for as little as $15.
- Admission costs vary depending on the program. Open or lap swims require a punch value of $1.50; whereas, instructed classes require a $2.50 punch.
- Day passes can also be purchased for single admissions. A day pass for open or lap swims costs $3. Instructed classes cost $4.
- You must be 18 or older to participate in instructed classes unless approved by the Pool Manager.
Swimming Lessons for Kids
The Red Cross has developed swimming lessons for kids and adults that allow everyone the opportunity to learn in a safe environment, at their own pace. Available across the country, Learn-to-Swim classes are taught by certified, knowledgeable and caring instructors who can help swimmers at every level feel comfortable in the water and progress to the next level.
At the Red Cross, our swimming classes for kids are tailored to the needs of each child, so that he or she can progress at a comfortable pace. And although some children may advance more quickly or slowly, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the instruction they need.
The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, our kids' swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water.
During their swim lessons, children will spend time on the following six levels:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
SUMMER SWIM LESSONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION!!!
*** Sessions are two weeks long (Monday -Thursday). Times offered are 9AM-9:45AM/ 10AM-10:45AM/11AM-11:45AM/6PM-6:45PM.
Location Varies, but all lessons will be held at one of our outdoor facilities. Price is $40 per session. Levels offered are Preschool Swim, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Parent and Child, and Adult Lessons. The availability for these levels will vary each session and location. Classes will be limited on the number of students per instructor. For more information contact Sammons Indoor Pool at 254.298.5930.***
Session 3: July 11-21 -LIONS JUNCTION/WALKER POOL/CLARK/SUMMIT (Open)
Session 4: July 25-AUGUST4 - SUMMIT/CLARK POOL/LIONS JUNCTION/WALKER (Open)
Swim Lesson Sign-ups