Polar Bear Plunge
Bring in 2021 with an ice-cold ride down our slide into the catch pool! Get your tickets online HERE. We’re looking forward to a cool New Year with you!
We want you to be safe while bringing in the New Year. Please read through the information and FAQs before purchasing your ticket. COVID-19 safety guidelines will be in place to keep you and your family safe. By attending this event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
About Polar Bear Plunge
- The Polar Bear Plunge will have a twist this year. Instead of jumping into the icy cold pool, you will take a nice twisting and winding ride down one of our 180-foot slides into a nice, icy cold catch pool.
- The water temperature will be less than 60 degrees, so be prepared.
- All guests and staff will be required to adhere to local guidelines regarding the use of facial coverings.
- We know it will be cold, so please make sure you bring warm clothes and a change of clothes if you are one of the few to brave the icy cold plunge.
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet apart from other guests that who are not with your group.
- There will be picnic tables for spectators and participants to spread out 6 feet apart. These are for spectators and participants to watch their friends and loved ones.
- Attendance will be limited. THERE WILL NOT BE AT-THE-GATE SALES. If you show up earlier than your reserved time for the plunge, you will be waiting outside of the park.
- Each time slot will be 30 minutes to allow guests to enjoy the event, change and enjoy coffee/hot chocolate and donuts. Each time slot will only be able to have 15 participants and 25 spectators registered in advance.
- In case of severe weather, the event will be cancelled and not rescheduled.
- There will be donuts (for participants only) and coffee/hot chocolate provided and will be served by staff wearing gloves and masks.
We can’t wait to safely celebrate the New Year with you!
Date & Time
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2020
Time: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Lions Junction Water Park: 5000 S 5th St, Temple, TX 76502
Purchase a ticket HERE!
Tickets must be purchased online in advance. THERE WILL NOT BE AT-THE-GATE SALES. Tickets will be sold to only the participants of the Plunge.
- No more than 15 participants per 30 minutes. Families and spectators will be allowed at a capacity of 25 who must be registered in advance with COVID-19 restrictions.
- CAPACITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONLY 40 PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS.
The participation fee is $20.00. There will be no refunds.
The Time Slots are below:
10:30am - 11:00am
11:15am - 11:45am
12:00pm - 12:30pm
12:45pm - 1:15pm
Times after 10:30am will open after earlier time fills.
How long is the plunge?
The Plunge will start at the top of our Slide Tower, and the participant will slide 180 feet to splash down in our icy and frigid catch pool.
Where can I get tickets, and what do they cost?
Tickets are $20 per participant. Purchase tickets HERE.
No at-the-gate sales. All tickets must be purchased in advance online.
Where can I park?
Parking will be available In the parking lot right outside of the Water Park.
What if I'm running late?
If you arrive late but within your scheduled 30-minute window, we will allow you to do your plunge, but you will have to be completed by the end of your reserved time.
Can I ride more than one time?
If time and Mother Nature (cannot have frozen steps) allows, you will be able to ride one more time but only the participant can do so.
Social Distancing Safety Rules
City of Temple has taken enhanced health and safety measures for event attendees and the event staff. While attending the event, you are expected to follow all posted instructions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possibly death. According to the CDC, older adults (65 years of age and older) and persons with underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
By attending this event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Remember that not everyone is at the same comfort level. Focus on making sure you, AND EVERYONE AROUND YOU, is safe and comfortable.
Masks or Face Coverings
Consistent with the actions taken by many individuals across the state, we are requiring all guests to wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) at the outdoor event when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s group. Medical masks, paper masks, fabric masks and bandanas are all acceptable face coverings.
Restrooms, Sanitizing and Cleanliness
- Restrooms will be available at the Competition Pool but will be limited to only ONE person at a time unless you are from the same household or family.
- A special “clean team” will be disinfecting the restrooms during the event.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water or similar disinfectant will be readily available to guests and staff.
- Staff will be wearing masks and have their temperatures taken that day.
Additional COVID-19 Information
We care deeply about the safety of our attendees, participants and staff members; therefore, before and while attending this event, please be mindful of the following:
- Be Symptom Aware - if you or someone in your household feels ill or has a fever or cough, please do not attend this event.
- Maintain Distance - as you enjoy this event, please maintain 6 feet from others.
- Practice Good Hygiene - wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.